Friday, October 7, 2016

Poetry Response #3 

   After reading "I can write the saddest verses tonight" by Pablo Neruda a couple times, I noticed that he uses the repetition of "I can write the saddest verses tonight" as a way of getting the words to stick and stand out. 
  
  I like this poem a lot because it's yet another poem that i'm able to relate and connect through from past experiences. It's like after each repetition of the phrase there's lines that basically explains the phrase and tells a story. For example, lines 11-12 "I can write the saddest verses tonight. / To think that I don't have her.To feel that I have lost her." Not only was that line helping tell the story but it also stuck with me because immediately after reading those lines, I could image what the speaker was feeling, how I was feeling, and who came to mind.
  
  What i also found interesting about the poem is the fact that the speaker used an example before telling the story, lines 2-3 "Write, for example, ""The night is full of star, / twinkling blue, in the distance."" It gave me an idea of what can be considered 'sad'.

2 comments:

  1. This poem seems interesting I love how you gave enough detail to give a better understanding. The lines you used helped me feel the poem and I haven't even read it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice response here. It was well written and I can tell you took your time to prepare this piece.

    ReplyDelete