Tuesday, September 27, 2016

'Stopping by'

        In the poem "Stopping by woods on a snowy evening" written by Robert Frost, The speaker seems to be in an unfamiliar location and is curious as to who owns it but knows that during they have goals to reach and knows that they shouldn't rest until they are done as read from lines 13-16 "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,/ But I have promises to keep, / And miles before I sleep, / And miles before I sleep.". The repetition of the line "And miles to go before I sleep" gives me a feeling that the speaker is focused on their plans but are enjoying themselves, It stood out to me because it reminds me of me because I'm so aloof yet I know that I have things I must do. Frost used only a few to capture a deeper meaning and he does it so well reminding me that I often procrastinate even though I know there are more important things to handle but I still choose to enjoy something that will only last for a short time period. The speaker of the story is a very delicate being seeing from line 13 they call woods "lovely"  this story is sort of relatable in a deeper sense         

1 comment:

  1. Frost is a wonderful poet. Have you read any of his other poems?

    ReplyDelete