Monday, September 26, 2016

Poetry Response #2

After reading "Ending" by Gavin Ewart, I realized that there is a strong connection between the meaning of the poem and me, the words being shared and me. Line 14, "Romance, expected once to stay, / has left a note saying GONE AWAY." This line stays with me each time i read this poem, as i have recently experienced the feeling these words are expressing. It's as if the memories come rushing back just from reading that line and that's why has such a strong affect on me and why I love it. In addition to the connection I made with the poem, my reaction was very shocking yet I was in aw about how much this poem expressed some feelings I had. Each time I would read this poem, my reaction would change, I get less shocked and more in aw because of the strong connection I get with every word said.


1 comment:

  1. I also enjoy this poem a great deal and have found connections to it throughout my life. It's definitely one of those poems that many can connect with!

    ReplyDelete